Be sure to visit us on our social media sites!
What is our vision?
Community pharmacies are a place for promoting, supporting, and improving mental health and well-being through community partnerships.
What are we doing?
Simply put, we are helping to enhance mental health care in communities through partnerships among people with lived experience of mental illness and pharmacists. We are working to create a network of pharmacists who will work to enhance their mental health related services in their communities.
How are we doing it?
- Providing education and training to pharmacists regarding ways they can help to enhance services in their communities for people who have lived experience of mental illness and/or their support people.
- Involving people with lived experience of mental illness in the education and training of pharmacists.
- Creating resources for pharmacy team members and people with lived experience of mental illness to share.
- Building networks and links for pharmacy team members, including building relationships with local mental health advocacy organizations.
- Increasing resources and capacity for pharmacy team members through education, training, and relationship building.
- Building knowledge around these kinds of partnerships through research and working with organizations such as the The Schizophrenia Society of Nova Scotia.
- Communicating and sharing our results with our stakeholders and the public.
- The research projects related to our work are made possible by grant funds from several sources (e.g. the Canada Post Foundation for Mental Health, the Drug Evaluation Alliance of Nova Scotia, and the Department of Psychiatry Summer Studentship, Dalhousie University, The Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness, and the Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation.